Saturday, August 1, 2015

Confidence and Self-Confidence.

      People may have confidence in other individuals or forces beyond their control. For instance, one might have faith in the police to protect them, or might have confidence that a sports team will win a game. Faith and trust are synonyms of confidence when used in this sense. The socio-psychological concept of self-confidence relates to self-assuredness in one's personal judgment, ability, power, etc., sometimes manifested excessively. Being confident in yourself is infectious if you present yourself well, others will want to follow in your footsteps towards success.
         A couple of years ago at church I got on to a very dear friend of mine. I yelled at him for not telling me that my "best friend" purposely pushed me away. I was on the edge of tears. I did not know if I could take any more secrets.
        "Did you ever think that it was for your sake?" He asked. I stood there and thought about it before shaking my head.
"Now I do not know what's going on with so and so but all I know is that they are all caught up with their boyfriend right now. I have not hung out with them for months. I mean sure I've said hi to them when I see them I gave them a ride here today, but that is it."
         I looked at him and said, "All I want is honesty." He just nodded.
         "Have I every lied to you?" he asked. I shook my head knowing he has never lied to me. "Look in high school nobody wants to feel alone. People like you and me we always need someone. In life there will be people that will tear you done and make you feel like crap but...I'm gonna be honest with you...If you don't have confidence in yourself then when they do tear you down you will feel more alone than you did before.You have that personality that. Like someone, whole will start a campaign or a riot. You are one of those people that will follow their passion. I do not know what you are passionate about, but whatever it is you need the confidence to follow through with it. Now there is false confidence but that is where you come off confident when you are just scared. What I am talking about is being confident inside and out. Now I do not know if this is making any sense but I hope it does.Now I do not want you just to think about what I just said I want you to apply it."
             I apologized to him several times for yelling at him and after being told to stop apologizing I took my sisters and left the church. Ever time I talk to him I feel so much better. I am thankful that he was honest with me and calm even though I was not.
             I hope that if you read this that it made some sense. Now I know you do not know my friend but if you do you should understand how he words things. Even if you do not know him, and you have someone who phrases sentences like him, then you should understand or somewhat understand what he is telling me.

No comments:

Post a Comment