Friday, July 24, 2015

Inspiration From an Image

       "I was mad at my mother for not letting me go with my father and my big brother Grant. I ran down the dirt road without shoes and a giant white stuffed dog in one hand and my mother chasing after me. When she got to me, she grabbed my hand and said, "You're too little to go hunting with the boys right now baby." "But I'm not little momma, I'm six and a half years old." "You still have to wait your turn. One day daddy will take you." I pouted for a little bit before asking her when could I go with the boys and she looked down at me saying "When Daddy says it's okay baby. Right now it's Grant's first time because he is eleven. Why don’t you help me make cookies?" I looked down the road one more time before nodding my head with a sad smile on my face. As we walked back to the house I looked up at my momma Her soft eyes were the color of the ocean at sunrise and her smile was gentle. Her curly brown hair was down and she was wearing her favorite navy blue dress..." 
          I stopped my story and looked away with tears in my eyes. The room was silent and the only noise that was made came from the first pew. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw my brother make his way towards me. When he reached me, He held out his arms and embraced me. I took in a deep breath and exhaled. "It's okay Rach," He whispered in my hear. I let go after a moment and turned back to the room. Grant stayed with me instead of going back to sit beside his wife. "My mother was a good woman and one that was hard to get angry at is what daddy would always say," I said looking at my father with a soft smile "But She and I seemed to argue often, but forgave each other quickly. I loved her a lot and will miss her dearly."

No comments:

Post a Comment